I know it doesn’t look like much, but in week 2 of the One Room Challenge for our dino nursery, we spent our time working on the basics – cleaning out the space, putting together the furniture, and figuring out the layout once all of the big pieces were in the room. If Jake came tomorrow, he’d have a place to sleep, an area for his clothes & diapers, and a place for us to rock/nurse him, which is something I couldn’t say one week ago (and was causing a lot of anxiety!). Even Baxter now has a bed in the nursery!
For the next few weeks, we now get to focus on the fun things – like DIY dinosaurs, paneling, accent wallpaper, and prints. I didn’t initially think we’d have to paint, but the grey furniture is a little too close to the blue/grey color of the walls, so I may opt for a little more blue in the wall so everything doesn’t fall flat. I’m very much looking forward to seeing everyone else’s progress on the ORC blog as well.
- Weeks Left in the ORC: 6
- Weeks Left until Jake arrives: 8
Here’s the before & after from the past week: